What is Malware?
Malware is one of the most dangerous things that people should always try to eliminate in their computers especially while using the internet. It can destroy a personal computer in an instant when not prevented or eliminated immediately. Cyber criminals can use malware as their tool in the process of monitoring the online activity of their targets while using the power of internet. All dangers that malwares can create in the daily living of internet users are not limited to that extent. This is because malwares can be used also to steal the personal information of an internet user without spending a lot of effort.
How to Detect Malware?
Detecting Malware is one of the most effective ways to prevent malicious software from entering the system of a personal computer or any website that’s always connected to the internet. The following are the steps on how to detect malware more efficiently:
- Check Computer Status – there’s a possibility that a personal computer has been infected by malware if its excellent performance changed negatively in an instant for an unknown reason. One of the negative effects of malware in the performance of a person computer is poor power-efficiency. A personal computer that has been infected by malicious software loses more power while functioning.
- Examine Unusual Things – a computer that shows more pop-ups from time to time and crashes instantly while in use has been infected by malware
How to Avoid Malware
There are so many ways to prevent malware in a computer. Try to follow all these steps in order to avoid malware more effectively:
- Install anti-virus software and update it regularly – security software is always important in the process of protecting a computer from the negative effects of malware. It provides extensive protection against viruses, malware and spyware that can make the daily living of a person miserable when not eliminated instantly.
- Don’t download anything from suspicious website – free downloadable software, games and applications usually contain malware. Such reality is very common in all products that suspicious websites can offer.
- Ignore pop-ups – pop-ups usually contain download links where malware can be extracted instantly.
Is it Necessary to Report Malware?
Definitely, it is important to report malware especially when used to exploit the personal information and financial assets of a person. Those individuals who got victimized by the negative effects of malware should never hesitate to contact the Federal Trade Commission immediately. All complaints can be filed at its official website: www.ftc.gov/complaint.
How to Eliminate Malware?
Eliminating malware has never been too easy. There are so many important factors to consider in its process to attain positive results. The following are the steps on how to eliminate malware more effectively:
- Update the Antivirus Software – a security tool is very useful when it comes to the process of minimizing and eliminating the negative effects of malware in a person computer.
- Reformat the Computer that has been infected (Optional) – it is necessary to execute this step if the condition of the infected computer is already at the worst level.
- Restore all Programs and Files – a backup file can help a person restore all files in a personal computer in a very excellent way just in case the malware that has been detected in its system is no longer available.